Monday, June 6, 2011

DELILAH'S LAMENT

       


I know not what i have done,
It ended before it’d  begun.
Oh Nazirite! With hair so long,
I’ve never known a man so strong.

They say, greed got better of a woman
I am she.
For 1100 coins of silver each,
I betrayed thee.

You fell asleep by the Brook of Sorek,
I took my chance before the dawn-break.
Called for a man to shave your hair,
While i knelt down, for a prayer.

They say, you were powerless,
And that they stabbed your eyes,
And you were a slave at Gaza,
He, who grinds grains until he dies.

Once your hair had grown,
You took your enemies alone,
The pillars at Gaza brought the temple down,
Along with the people and the crown.

They say you are buried at Manoah,
I came by your grave,
Plucked  flowers from the brook,
For the man who i once knew as brave.

Forgive me for what i have done,
It all ended before it’d begun.
Oh Nazirite! With hair so long,
For someone so strong,
With God you belong.


7 comments:

  1. Pallu....u should write more often! Believe me you have the gift of "Verses"! Loved it. It's deep....feminine and something that any woman would identify with and keep close to her heart! in short, HAY-BEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot darling. you are teh best. muuah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept reading and I expected some poets name to be written at the end.
    But lo! It's YOUR work. You are a genius at what you do. Yes, keep writing.
    Beautifully written.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks bonniela, that was huge. xoxo.


    @the piper-thank you, but i am nothing. :))

    ReplyDelete