Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I thought when love for you died, I should die.
It's dead.  Alone, most strangely, I live on.

~Rupert Brooke


i live on to see longer days without you,
to wander by the brooks, to walk the streets.
i live on to sleep with a broken heart,
and a sad song playing on a loop.
i live on to look at the little things that remind me of you,
your photograph with that infectious smile and wild eyes.
i live on to smell off the dry perfume on your shirt,
the one you wore and left behind.
i live on to fight the urge to hear your voice one last time,
to hear you laugh that vibrant laugh and the way you'd call out my name.
i live on to wait for days to just pass me by as they should,
and the nights, the black, moonless nights.
i live on to wake up the next morning wishing it were a dream,
i live on hoping against hope that you'd fall in love again.







2 comments:

  1. You are a stunner when it comes to writing! Glad I came across your Blog.
    Following you now.
    I'm taking my blog public so feel free! :)

    www.jitterbug-r.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u bonnie babe!! m so flattered!!:))

    ReplyDelete